Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Launched in 2003 in San Francisco by DJs Adrian & the Mysterious D, Bootie was the first club night in the U.S. dedicated solely to the burgeoning artform of the bootleg mashup -- and is now the biggest mashup event in the world, with monthly parties in nine cities on three continents, and various one-offs around the globe. Mixing and matching every musical genre, era, and style into one big dance party where everyone feels welcome, Bootie provides the soundtrack for the A.D.D. generation -- with free mashup CDs given away like candy! Bootie's DJs and house band Smash-Up Derby, as well as guest mashup DJs from around the world, keep your brain guessing and body dancing with creative song combinations, celebrating -- and satirizing -- the many different forms of music. Bootie also presents the infamous Midnight Mashup Show, featuring drag and burlesque performers. Bootie showcases the best mashup productions from around the world ... because one song at a time just isn't enough! For more info: http://www.BootieUSA.com
- Bootie Top 10 - October 2008
- A+D on io9.com, CNN loves mashups!
- Bootie Top 10 - August/September 2008
- Bootie in August is always crazy
- Bootie Top 10 - July 2008
- Bootie Top 10 x 2 - May/June 2008
- Bootie Hong Kong! And our first trip to Shanghai
- Two weeks later: the A+D European Tour wrap-up!
- Nice one! Brilliant! Jolly good show!
- No sightseeing for us in London